Brown Stone Roofing
Black Mountain Quarries imported stone roofing has a naturally riven surface with hand dressed edges. The tiles are available in 7 different heights and calibrated from 15mm to 20mm thick, depending on the height of the tiles. They are provided with a rounded top which is hand dressed to create a traditional natural stone tile.
The number of tiles required to cover a specific roof area will depend on the amount of overlap required for each course and the number of courses of each tile size. We therefore supply and quote in square metres as “on the ground”. The ground area will be 2½ – 3 times the area of the roof. (Measure your roof area and multiply by either 2½ or 3!)
These roofing tiles are supplied without holes to enable you to drill for your battening requirements. For drilling the tiles, there are a few recommendations:
- Use a SDS variable speed (or similar) drill.
- Holes should be drilled to closely accommodate the retaining pegs.
- Tiles should always be measured from the bottom edge as a datum.
- Drilling should always be carried out from the front to the back, with a lessening of pressure as the final material is removed. This enables the overlapping tile to lie flush.
- Fastening methods and requirements will usually depend upon the local building regulations.
An important note about natural stone
Whilst we have done our utmost to ensure the stone and colours displayed on our website are accurate, they are to be used as a guide only. As stone is a natural product, texture and colour will vary from piece to piece.
How the stone is laid, the amount, colour and type of grout used will have a massive impact on the the look of the finished product. Please bear this in mind when ordering samples.
Price per Sq metre